SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Carol Slingo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 09:55:36 -0600
I've truly enjoyed my subscription to Cinemax and its huge selection of
pick and choose grade Z movies (along with the European and Mexican stuff
that runs at 3 in the morning, but what are VCRs for?).  So for a few
dollars more a month I added Showtime.

Well, the first movie I watched all the way through turned up 6 minutes
short of the running time, and I recalled reading that Showtime
time-comresses films.

So can anyone out there tell me if this is so?  Does HBO do the same?  The
big question, then, is, do they also cut stuff to fit the movie into 90
minutes?

Carol Slingo