SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Bruce Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 12:54:43 -0500
From:   UBVMS::BJACKSON     "Bruce Jackson" 17-MAR-1994 11:39:08.31
To:     IN%"[log in to unmask]"
CC:     BJACKSON
Subj:   Grad work in documentary production

A former undergraduate student of mine, now working in news radio, called
to say he wants to go to grad school and focus on documentary film production.
He asked for suggestions about programs. I responded with the usuals,--NYU,
USC, Temple, but as we talked I remembered that I'd heard talk of cutbacks
in production programs everywhere the past few years. I'd really appreciate
advice about the current options for someone interested in documentary
 production
in those schools, and about any other programs that might be really useful
to this man. He is very smart, very energetic, very dedicated.

Please respond to me here or via email ([log in to unmask]). If
enough data arrives, I'll compile it into a faq for the list. If you
send me anything of a personal nature ("avoid the X program because of
profs x, y and z or because they list courses they know they're not going
to give in the next decade," etc., I won't include your name in anything
I send along to anyone else.)

Thanks.

Bruce Jackson
SUNY Buffalo