SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Steve Kokker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 12:15:49 -0500
I am seeking out old ephemeral films, dating from the thirties onward.
More specifically, industrial films (training on factory equipment,
interpersonal skills at work, management training, etc.), educational
films (sex-ed, religion, sciences,etc.), new technologies (the new
world of TV, radio and its many applications, etc.), etc...
I am more interested in actual 16mm or 35mm (or 8 or S8mm) versions of
these, as oppose to the video collections that are available out there,
but let me know either way. I am building a collection of these films
to be made available for anthropological and communications studies, as
well as public screenings (in the future), so any help would be greatly
appreciated. This is an entirely non-profit venture, so the more free
info and actual free films (surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly,
a lot of people are tossing these things out!) I can get, the better.
Also, if you know of any trade shows for this kind of thing... I will be
trekking across the country (Canada and US) late summer to find this
stuff, so let me know and maybe I will be passing through...
Thanks in advance to all who can help.

-ALEX MACKENZIE  direct e-mail at  [log in to unmask]