SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

Sender:
From:
"Donna S. Cunningham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 13:13:03 PST
To: Angie who teaches high school film:

do you want WWII prop films? I suggest showing TRIUMPH OF THE WILL. It is one
of the most powerful pieces of fimmmaking I have ever witnessed--it
terrrifies me when I see it with the understanding of how it might have
looked to Germans in despair after Versailles and depression. The images of
the better-fed, laughing, organized, purposeful teenagers might help your
teens to understand the appeal of what was promised.

Or do you want suggestions on propaganda in general.