SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

Sender:
From:
brian wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 20:30:12 EDT
If anybody could please help me out, I'd appreciate it.
I am currently attending trenton state college in New Jersey and I am
Majoring in the television and theatre production division (new) of their
comm. department.  Unfortunately, the program is terrible and I am going to
transfer.  I am a second year student with about 64 cr.
I need advice of where I should transfer.  I applied and got accepted to
William Paterson college and Rowan (Glassboro) both of which are cheap state
schools with tv and film (trenton has no film) that are better that trenton.
I was accepted to both.  I can afford both.  I was also accepted to
Syracuse University with a six-thousand scholarship, which brings the tuition
down to about $16,000 a year, which I cannot afford.
I do not know how risky taking loans is, having to pay them back while
trying to get a job in TV and/or Film.   Is Syracuse worth that mush money?
I did not apply to New York University because it costs even more.
But...My parents suggested that if I want, I can take a year off to get
a full time job and decide if I Really want to go into TV/Film.
     I'm not entirely sure I do want to go into it, but it is the only
thing I have some some bit of skill for that I enjoy.  I'd love to be a
musician, but I'm not too good at any instrument, So I guess I'll go into
TV/Film.
      So, I need to here advice on the loan situation.
     I also need info from people who attend NYU and Syracuse, and from
      people who don't, about the quality and worth of these schools,
      and other schools I should consider, and some truths about them.
      Also, should I take the year off?

      I'm currently losing my mind because of this problem (mixed with
a few others) and it is really disturbing me.  If anybody can supply me
with any information that may help me out, please send it to me,
     Brian Wilson, not the Beach Boy, at:
 I am currently interning with NJN, the New Jersey Network.  I'm with
the show "Discover New Jersey"  It's neet.  Especially seeing my name
on the tube.
Also, If anybody has any ideas for a good paying job (if I decide to take
a year off) and how to get more money for college.   I'm middle class
so I do not qualify for financial aid.   Thank you all very much.

                              Brian J. Wilson