SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 11:30:41 CST
On Fri, 18 Mar 1994 10:45:50 EDT Julie Simon said:
>I have a student who is looking for a graduate program in documentary
>film/video. She wants something that balances both production and
>theory. I suggested Temple and American University....
>
>She asked about:
>University of Oregon - Eugene

Oregon recently *dissolved* its film/TV division (which was within
Speech). Some film/TV courses are still taught within English, but
the production component is being phased out, I think.

>Arizona State

The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism (name might not be exactly right)
is there and ASU runs a PBS affiliate (KAET). So there are opportunities
for television journalism. I'm not sure, however, what sort of doc
theory is offered.

U of Ariz, in Tucson, has a program in Media Arts that does combine
theory and production, however. Mary Beth Haralovich (you out there
MB?) might be able to tell you more about that.

          There are times when you have to choose between being human
          and having good taste. --Bertolt Brecht--

| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator | BITNET : JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |