SCREEN-L Archives

February 1994

Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 1994 08:39:56 -0500
The posting specifices "Real Life" of Kids --
I don't know how 'real' or realistic are many of the films which
will inevitably come up in this discussion.

Allow me to submit one from a bit before my time,
Richard Brook's classic   BLACKBOARD JUNGLE,
which specifically addresses the issue of high school pedagogy,
in addition to those related to the travails of getting through
the teen years.

This film, more than, say, REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE,
is about EDUCATION -- which is, I believe, what the original posting
stipulated.

        -- Derek Bouse