SCREEN-L Archives

February 1994

Sender:
From:
Mark Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 1994 13:34:46 EST
Question..
Is there anything for Cinema Studies along the lines of the Art and
Architecture Thesaurus with generally accepted subject and genre
headings.  I've collected lists from various film archives but there is
so much variation, due to local emphasis, that there isn't even a
consensus on whether WESTERN should be a included.  I've been using LC
headings for some bibliographic work I'm doing but its turning into
a rather boring list all beginning with the letter M.  There must be
a better way.

Mark Ritchie                   | Tel: (519) 888-4070
Media Librarian                | Fax: (519) 888-6197
Audio-Visual Centre            |
University of Waterloo         | Internet: [log in to unmask]

"I was just out of college and still believed in
classifications and catagories" -  Jean Renoir