SCREEN-L Archives

February 1994

Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 10:51:53 EST
Also slightly off topic but an interesting reference for filming real people
(perhaps if you want to expose the Real World as ridiculous--what's real about
living in a beautiful beach house rent free with $300 food money?) is the
british series of films updated recently with 35Up. The previous films are
28Up, 21Up, etc down to 7Up. The filmmakers have tried to follow all of the
subjects filmed in the first installment, and they've done a pretty good job.
(If it's not clear, the subjects were interviewed at 7, then 14, 21, etc.)

Most were working class, and nearly all are not really that happy with their
lives (although this is my recollection, and a subjective one at that).

--
Mark Bunster |I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Survey Research Lab--VCU |