SCREEN-L Archives

December 1993

From:
Mark Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 12:04:12 EST
Season's Greetings,

As a Christmas present to all, I have run across a person you might be
interested in. Eric James worked with Charlie Chaplin writing the music
for his films. He is now in his 80s but still quit spry and willing to
speak about Chaplin, music for the "silent" cinema, and the early days
of cinema. He has a short film which he uses to demonstrate how music
was used in the "silent" cinema and gives an interesting lecture. He
uses the honorarium to supplement his old-age pension.

To contact him call him at his home in Whitby, Ontario, Canada at
telephone (905) 668-7794. He's a living piece of cinema history.

Mark Ritchie | Tel: (519) 888-4070
Media Librarian | Fax: (519) 888-6197
Audio-Visual Centre |
University of Waterloo | Internet: [log in to unmask]

"I was just out of college and still believed in
classifications and catagories" - Jean Renoir