SCREEN-L Archives

December 1993

From:
Doug Riblet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1993 18:06:49 -0600
Last night, I was listening to the compact disc "Jack Kerouac
Collection" and skimming through the bibliography in the back
of the accompanying booklet, when I came across this citation:

    __Nosferatu (Dracula)__ (New Yorker Film Society, 1960)

I have no idea what this piece is. My best guess is that
Kerouac wrote some program notes for a screening of Murnau's
film somewhere in New York circa 1960.

Does anyone have any information about this piece of writing?
Or about the New Yorker Film Society? My life will not be
complete until I can read this. Thanks.

Doug Riblet
University of Wisconsin--Madison