SCREEN-L Archives

December 1993

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
History of film discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 12:28:21 CST
CROSSPOST:  an interesting item about film/video resources on
the Internet. (From H-Film.)

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 17:27:27 -0600
From: "Steven Mintz, U. Houston" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Guide to Film and Video on the Internet

From: Cheryl Malone <[log in to unmask]>

Sender: Kristen Garlock <[log in to unmask]>

Hello to everyone -

A few weeks back my partner, Lisa Wood, and I posted requests to several
listservs and news groups regarding film and video resources on the
Internet. We received many helpful replies for which we are extremely
thankful! Our guide is now nearly complete and includes information on
many resources such as listservs and USENET news groups on topics related
to film and video, film review databases, filmographies, etc. The guide
will be available after December 15th, 1993. After that date, we will be
happy to send a copy (absolutely free) through e-mail to anyone interested,
or you can access this guide (as well as many others on different topics) in
the following manner:

anonymous FTP:
            host: una.hh.lib.umich.edu
            path: /inetdirsstacks

Gopher:
            via U. Minnesota list of gophers
            menu: North America/USA/Michigan

Gopher .link file:
Name=Clearinghouse of Subject-Oriented Internet Resource Guides (UMich)
Type=1
Port=70
Path=1/inetdirs
Host=una.hh.lib.umich.edu

Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) for WWW/Mosaic:
            http://http2.sils.umich.edu/~lou/chhome.html or
            gopher://una.hh.lib.umich.edu/11/inetdirs

This guide was created as a part of the Internet Resource Discovery and
Organization course at the School of Information and Library Studies
(University of Michigan). If you are in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area, you
may be interested in coming to our class open house Wednesday, December 8
from 1-3pm at the School of Information and Library Studies. Ten groups
of students will be presenting samples and demonstrations of their
Internet guides, which cover many different subject areas.

Once again, thank you to everyone who provided information and assistance
with our guide. If you have any questions about the guide or the open
house, please feel free to send us a message.

Thank you,

Kristen Garlock ([log in to unmask])
Lisa Wood ([log in to unmask])