SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Don Ulin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1993 22:34:16 CDT
> Forgive me for being a butthead, but the number and variety of responses
> to this topic suggest its, well, silliness. That's okay, I'm all for
> silliness and lord knows I'm in favor of having a dozen pieces of e-mail
> everyday. But should we maybe think about what this forum is for? I'm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am the one who had the "silly" request for films depicting
childish scientists (or other good stereotypes). I just wanted to
say I still think such questions ought to be fair game for this
listserv (I may have other such questions in the future). What
clutters up everyone's mailbox is the large number of replies.
That's why I suggested that people send replies directly to me. I
can then compile them and, if anyone's interested, post them back
as a single message to the listserv. If we can follow this policy,
it should lighten everyone's mailbag (something I am VERY much in
favor of) and people with silly questions can still go out looking
for answers.

By the way, I did get a number of requests from people who wanted
to see the responses to my questions, so in a couple of days I'll
be sending a long message with all the responses.

Thanks,
and sorry for the unintentional burden on everyone's mailbox,

Don Ulin