SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

From:
Den' Raphaely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1993 07:27:00 EST
Hello Carol et al. -

> Two fairly obscure but interesting uses of video in film that I thought of
>
> 1.  REMOTE CONTROL, B-movie that floats around cable stations, involves a
> killer video, kids rent it and and are hypnotized (I vaguely remember) into
> doing evil deeds.
>
> 2.  LIQUID DREAMS--designer drug company markets its product by drugging
> beautiful women and making promo videos showing their ecstasy (and other
> strong emotions).  The women all live in company dormitories and are forced
> to have these videos on all the time (the protagonist covers hers over).

Now we are beginning to get into the 'fringe' areas - where video is contri-
buting to new mixes of power and sexuality. For instance, has anyone else
noticed the explosion of couples filming themselves 'doing the nasty' and
hawking these on the soft-porn market...

Thanks for the suggestions, Carol.

_Den-LittleBrotherIsWatchingThroughAKeyhole