SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

Sender:
From:
Chad E Dell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1993 19:26:00 CST
>From:    IN%"[log in to unmask]"   "Film and TV Studies Discussion List"
>To:      Multiple recipients of list SCREEN-L <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Journals?

Regarding Den' Raphaely's post about journals, the question of "what area" one
is in is of course important.  I would add CRITICAL STUDIES IN MASS
COMMUNICATION,  VELVET LIGHT TRAP, and, perhaps CULTURAL STUDIES to the list.
One could go as far as JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION, though it's all over the map in
terms of its address to the subject of "communications".  Also, I could add
MEDIA, CULTURE AND SOCIETY.  I've just started receiving AMERICAN QUARTERLY, and
enjoy it's varied approaches to culture.

Chad Dell
University of Wisconsin-Madison
_____
[Insert snappy .sigfile here]