SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

Date:
Wed, 19 May 1993 11:37:16 EDT
*
* "LEAVING THE AIR WITH LITTLE CHEER LEFT.
*
[review of the social significance of Cheers deleted]

I was following that until I got to "foul-mouthed and fecund" Carla
symbolizing immigrant hardship and pluckiness, or whatever. I don't claim
that these characters came out of nowhere with no thought to their
development, but you can only take "TV as life" so far. Maybe Cliff was just
some boring guy who lived with his mom?

$.02

--
Mark Bunster |Exchange conversation if you dare--
Survey Research Lab--VCU |Share an empty thought or a laugh.