SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

From:
Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1993 08:17:03 EST
[This note is being distributed to multiple addresses.  Please
respond privately to the address listed in the .sig file because
I am not subscribed to all the lists to which this note is being
sent. Feel free to forward this note to anyone whom you feel may
be interested in it]

I'm looking to put together a resource list for material related to issues of
gender specifically in terms of issues which cross gender lines and gender
boundaries and assumptions about sexual orientation.

This can be _anything_: Essays, biographies, films, plays, stories,
non-fiction research material, addresses of support groups, etc. Even poems
would be interesting.

So what I'd like is for anyone who knows of material that they feel could
contribute to such a resource guide to send me the appropriate information at
one of the following addresses:

Please provide me with as complete information as you possibly can. If it's
an article, try to tell me what maginze and issue it was in. If you've got a
book, tell me the author and the publisher. If you've got a support group
try to make sure you've given me information that's as up-to-date as
possible.

I'd also like, if possible, for people who provide me with this to provide
with with a short descriptive sentence telling me what it IS. I.e., if you
were telling me about "Victor/Victoria," you'd say "Comedy film about a woman
who gets a singing job by pretending to be a crossdressing male" or something
to that effect.

Nothing major-- just enough to give me a clue ;-)

In other words, _don't_ send me a note saying "I heard about a book in which
X happens. You might want to look it up." I need _specifics_.

I am _especially_ looking for material which addresses issues of gender
fluidity, gender uncertainty, androgyny, absence of gender, etc. I.e.,
things that go _beyond_ the notion of gender rather than simply dichotomizing
it, but I'll go for all sorts of stuff that doesn't fall specifically into
that arena.

Thanks for your help,

--Julie

| [log in to unmask] | "Flavors mother nature never intended!" |
| | |
| [log in to unmask] | --"Tropicana Twister" commerical |
| | |