SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1993 16:22:12 -0600
Are all the positive reviews about the "Crying Game" that specifics and say
"trust me" and go see it, just a new version of Hollywood hype?  Or is the
film really as good as most critics claim?  I haven't seen it and remain most
skeptical of what may just be clever plot gimmckry that has tricked critics int
o praising an average or so-so film as being truly extraordinary.