SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 08:52:33 EST
You may have a point about emphasis on abstinence in LGO, but as for
Jesse's leaving the hospital, it's my understanding that the show has
(had - not been broadcast lately) an advisor who was, I think, into
symptomatic AIDS and then somehow pulled back.  There is a dreadful
uncertainty about when the disease will take you and how much it will
abuse you before it does.  Jesse's cycling through better to worse to
better, and so on, at least captures that.
It's clear that Becca has wanted sex with Jesse but it's less clear
that they haven't found some other "form of expression," genital or
not.
By the way does "Life Goes On" not go on anymore?