SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

From:
Mark POINDEXTER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 06:54:00 EST
In regard to Michael Kuentz's comments on journalistic practice:

is essentially that journalists are in the business of persuasion because,
even if they aren't trying to persuade in any other way, they are trying to
persuade us of their own credibility. Was your own post not an effort in
persuasion? And is the so-called "objective" style not also a persuasive
device to convince the audience of the journalist's own purported lack of
bias?