SCREEN-L Archives

January 1993

Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1993 12:28:00 CST
I wonder if members of the list can help me with
the following questions.  Forgive the number.

1.  Does anyone have a recent phone number for
Direct Cinema?

2.  Does anyone know who distributes Godard's
Weekend on 16mm?

3.  I have been asked to give a public talk at
my university on The Good Mother, a film that I
find fairly boring.  I thought however that it
might be interesting to talk about it in terms of
recent incarnations of the maternal  melodrama.  I'm
interested in compiling a short list of recent
(after 1980) maternal melodramas, films that
center on the relationship between mother and
child.  I will really appreciate any help I can
get.

Thanks in advance, Richard deCordova