SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1992 10:45:00 EDT
While we're on the subject of BOTH Bela Lugosi and terrible movies, one
of my favorites is _Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla_ a.k.a. _The
Boys from Brooklyn_.  This film from the late '40s/early '50s features
two guys who are second-rate (third-rate? fourth-rate?) Dean Martin and
Jerry Lewis rip-offs -- what a concept!  Evidently the guy who did
Jerry is so good (?) that Jerry actually sued him and won an injunction
against the guy from continuing to do his act!  You've got to see this
one sometime -- here in the New York area it often shows up at 2 a.m. or
so.

Jay Rozgonyi, Media Librarian
Fairfield University