SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

From:
Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1992 17:56:51 EST
From:   MX%"[log in to unmask]" 16-DEC-1992 15:10:38.3
5
To:     KOS
CC:
Subj:   silent movie

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1992 14:02:44 CDT
Sender: Archives & Archivists <[log in to unmask]>
From: Carole Prietto <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: silent movie

A reference question that I hope folks will have some fun with :)

One of the more unique items in my collection is a silent movie, shot
by Washington University students, from the spring of 1916.  In one of the
film's opening segments, there is a statement to the effect that it is
the first student-produced movie on any campus in America.  I am trying
to verify this claim.

So .... do any of you C&U archivists out there have, or know about,
student-produced films which pre-date 1916?  Please reply to me
personally.

Thanks!
Carole Prietto
Washington University, St. Louis