SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1992 12:40:43 PST
Gee! I saw Henry Jenkins' quote in the NY TIMES, and was a bit
surprised, albeit flattered that we were doing such profound work in
this exceedingly helpful and pleasant group of lile-minded shmoozers. It
all reminds me of Ted Koppel's description of Sam Donaldson: "If
television hadn't been invented, he'd do it door-to-door."

Now for the serious business:

I'd like to compile a list of movies about movies. The rules are that
the lead character(s) have to be directly involved in making movies, and
we need to see some aspect of the film making process (or "cinematic
apparatus" for the jargonauts) on the screen. No prizes, but lots of
gratitude, and recognition among the SCREEN-L tribe.

-Henry Breitrose