SCREEN-L Archives

November 1992

Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1992 15:55:13 EST
I assumed that the message asking about intellectual property rights dealt
not with the law of copyright but with the local policies in force at
various universities. Some universities have no particular policy;
intellectual property as commonly understood (e.g., books, music, etc.)
written by faculty belongs to the individual. Others seem to have (so I've
heard) policies which lay claim to some part of such right. The issue of
patent rights is more clearly marked out in most universities.

I don't have close-to-hand the statements on the subject issued by Temple
but could get copies if no one else forwards them.

Cal Pryluck, Radio-Television-Film, Temple University, Philadelphia
<[log in to unmask]> <PRYLUCK@TEMPLEVM>