SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1992 11:53:00 EST
Bert:
>Pure jealousy and sci-fi addiction prompts me to ask: Is there REALLY
>a sci fi channel?? On cable? Who is responsible and transmits, and
>will it get to Europe? Any or all questions answered will be greedily
>read. Thanks.

        You've seen the satellite news, here's what happens on regular
cable - it's up to each cable system whether they carry it or not. I'm
lucky, we get it here (but we don;t get AMC). The most recent issue of
_StarLog_ has a rudimentary schedule. The shows are right, but some
of the times have changed (_Dr. Who_ and _Dark Shadows_ aren't being
repeated at midnight anymore, for example). I think the Sci Fi Channel
is owned by USA, another cable network that specializes in rerunning
shows like _Quantum Leap_ and _MacGyver_.

        Hope that helped...I have to go - it's time to curl up
with a box of kleenex and a bottle of Nyquil and watch _Dr. Who_.
The title sequence is lots of fun when you have the flu...

                        Sue