SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1992 09:19:37 EDT
I like many of the films others have mentioned, but for my money, I would
vote for THE SORCERESS, a little known film by a feminist independent
director, that deals with the confrontation between a witchhunter and the
local midwife. It is based on actual accounts and offers an interesting
revision of the whole witchcraft issue that would be fun to teach alongside
some of the recent work on the subject by Carlos Ginzberg.

--HENRY