SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1992 15:21:04 EDT
This is a question that has arisen with the arrival of the Sci-Fi Channel
and maybe some of you out there know the answer.  I'm seeing ALOT of obscure
television on the Sci-Fi Channel most notably alot of old animation.  Does
anyone know what happened to the founders of the now-defunct American animation
 factory, Filmation?  Lou Scheimer and Norm Prescott began the company in the
1960's,  running it until it went belly-up in the latter 80's.  I'm curious to
 know whether they are still alive and well.  Some years back, Norm Prescott
sent me some original "Flash Gordon" artwork purely on the strength of my hav-
ing watched the efforts of his company since childhood.  I was and remain
peculiarly touched by his gesture.

Thanks in advance.

Martha