SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

From:
"Ellen.Edgerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1992 17:43:40 -0500
> From:         Kerr Avon <[log in to unmask]>
> Hmmm... I can't remember what odds were being offered, but bear in mind
> that, during our own general election, the pundits and opinion pollsters
> were predicting a decisive win for the Labour party.  As you all know,
> not only did the Tories win, they got a majority.

We've heard a lot of this over here, thank you very much.  :)  If I'm
not mistaken, though (I may very well be), I seem to remember that
Labour and the Tories were rather closer together in the race close to
the election day.

And then, there's Israel...

As for the quaint notion that a significant number of Bushies are
laying low and lying to pollsters, apparently Bush himself doesn't
even hold out much hope for that, considering how last Friday he
called a bunch of 20-year-old college students "draft dodgers."

I think it will be close -- no landslide here -- but Bush is just
too far gone.  Voter registration here is at a significant high.
People are excited about this election.  I think they'll get out
and vote, and if they do, Bush is toast.