SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1992 14:20:38 EST
My excuses but it seems as if the process of uploading from my Mac to
the mainframe is scrambling the information on the indigenous media
conference which we are holding at McGill's Graduate Program in
Communications this Friday 23 rd of October and Saturday 24th. Here-
with some details: There are four sessions over two days with the
following titles: 1. The origins and development of Indigenous Media:
Video as a Means of Cultural Affirmation; 2. What is a native production
3. Strategies of Intercultural Sharing; 4. Images and Politics. The
conference will be a mix of indigenous videomakers as well as filmmakers
and academics, broadcasters, pedagogues. The aim is to bring a variety
of discourses together, to see what fits and what doesn't, to examine
the relationship between community and grassroots work with media and
the media establishment. I will send out the program to any of you who
interested by fax. Prof. Ron Burnett, Director. FAX:(514) 398-4934.
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] The conference is free of charge and altho
we are operating with very little it is my hope that we will produce
a publication out of the deliberations. Sorry for the previous scrambles