SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

From:
"Ellen.Edgerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1992 15:31:31 -0500
> From:         "(BERT DEIVERT - FILM - UNIV. OF KARLSTAD,
>               SWEDEN)" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Thanks for the replies about the sci-fi channel.  All this talk of Quantum
> Leap and Dr. Who.... I have never seen them, though some BBC people
> at the special effects unit told me it was superb.  They did the series
> though.
> Bert

I don't watch DR. WHO, but I have watched QUANTUM LEAP from time to time.
I assume you are talking about the SFX being "superb" -- QUANTUM LEAP is
not really a SFX-oriented show.  The only usual effects I can think of
are the "holographic" effects with Al walking around, and the leap-in/out
effect (the blue lightning-bolt stuff) with Sam.

This is off topic a little, but I'm curious if QUANTUM LEAP is seen
anywhere in Europe or the U.K.?

Ellen
Syracuse University