SCREEN-L Archives

August 1992

From:
Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1992 10:41:03 EDT
..to sound film, that is.
The first Vitaphone program premiered on Aug. 17, 1926.  It was Douglas
Fairbanks Sr. in Don  Juan (which had no talking, just syncronized sound
effects and a recorded score), preceded by shorts of performing artists of
the music world.
Bob Kosovsky
Graduate Center -- Ph.D. Program in Music(student)/ City University of New York
New York Public Library -- Music Division
bitnet:   [log in to unmask]        internet: [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer:  My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions.