SCREEN-L Archives

July 1992

From:
"Rick E. Provine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1992 10:04:52 EDT
Hi.

I am looking for the films of Lester James Peries on video.  He
is a director from Sri Lanka, often compared with Satyajit Ray
of India.  He won the Golden Peacock in 1965 for his _Changes
in the Village_.  He has also made several other features and
some documentary-style pieces.

I can take these on any format VHS (NTSC, PAL, SECAM).  Help!

In addition, if you know of any channels of obtaining foreign
film not ordinarily distributed in the US, I would be very
interested.

Thanks in advance.
--
Rick E. Provine