SCREEN-L Archives

June 1992

From:
Susie Stonehill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1992 08:03:55 EDT
As a "non-professional", I am treading on dangerous ground, but I would
suggest that treating the Mickey Mouse cartoons might be similar to treating a
series of short stories or novels about a single character.  Nero Wolfe, for
example, is the hero of a number of novels and stories.  Each of these is
cataloged as a seperate entity.  If the short stories, (or cartoons in this
case) are in a single collection then they are catalogued under the main title.
I've chosen Rex Stout's character, because the novels are short, and there are
short stories collected.

Mickey Mouse Cartoons are each seperate entities, released by Disney,
containing many of the same characters - other than Mickey, of course -
but are otherwise not related to each other.  Several videotapes exist which
are compilations of those cartoons, but like a short story collection, are
no more than a collection of shorts.

Hope this helps,
Susie