SCREEN-L Archives

June 1992

Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1992 11:52:22 CDT
Sender:
Mark -

I don't know if it would fit, but the best bar setting I can think of
is from the play "Touch of the Poet" by Eugene O'Neill.  I believe
there is at least one version of this play available on video.  Other
assorted memories include westerns (Blazing Saddles, The Shootist,
Shane), Hitchcock scenes (The Birds, Notorious), Bogart movies (Key
Largo, The Big Sleep, Treasure of the Sierra Madre), bad 70s
disco-flashbacks (Stayin' Alive, Love at First Bite).  Of the above I
recommend The Shootist for the last scene, Notorious for the party
scene, The Big Sleep for the speakeasy.  Since I am trying to forget
the 70s (especially the disco scenes) I would avoid those at all
cost.  Hope this helps.

r.g.