SCREEN-L Archives

May 1992

Date:
Fri, 15 May 1992 16:32:58 EDT
For those of you who want a movie but can't find it...(and I quote)

"Any movie EVER made, if it exosts on video cassette, we can get it for you!
There are now over 35,000different titles available! Here's how VIDEO
YESTERSEARCH(R) works..
*You send us the name of the film you'd like to see on videocassette. YOu
can choose any film made in any country, no matter how old or new. You
should give us the exact title, but if you're not sure, take your best guess
and tell us the names of the performers you can remember and the approximate
year the film was made. DON'T describe the plot, it won't help!
*Our "SEARCH FEE" is $3 per title, any 4 titles for $10.
*Within 10 business days from the day we receive your list of favorite
movies, we will tell you if the movie has been released on videocassette, its
price and any other details. We'll buy the video for you and have it sent to
your home if you'd like us to, there's no obligation. We can search for ANY
MOVIE you remember and want to enjoy again.
*If the film has not been released on videocassette as yet (and we'll check
with every legitimate manufacturer and film studio), we'll enter the title of
the film on our database and keep it on file for one year. If the film
becomes available during that year, we'll notify you (at no charge) and give
you the opportunity to buy the movie you've been looking for. Again, there's
no obligation. If the film is still not available after one year, we'll tell
you of the end of our search and give you the opportunity to keep the film
title in our computer for another year, for the same "Search Fee." When/if
the film is ever released for home video, you'll be the first to know about
it! "

I used this system to try to find 2 movies, but they had no luck. Could
anyone out there help me? They are:

Male and Female (1919) with Gloria Swanson and Thomas Meighan; directed by
Cecil B. DeMille

The Scarlet Letter (1926) with Lillian Gish and Lars Hanson; directed by
Victor Sjostrom (Seastrom)

Any help would be appreciated.

Kerrie