SCREEN-L Archives

April 1992

From:
Servetus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1992 18:27:45 EDT
Regarding ren and stimpy... you wrote....
 It's a shame that it's primarily targeted toward small children, because there
> are SO many references that I'm sure would zoom over their tiny heads.  But
> never fear, more episodes are on the way, including one where, reportedly,
> Frank Zappa will do a guest appearance as the Pope.  I can hardly wait

Is it really targeted towards small children?  I'm 6'3" and don't feel all
that small.  Would you let your own children watch thtat cartoon?  I don't
have any kids yet but doubt whether such a cartoon would be more damaging
then enternaining for young children.  I must agree that at LEAST half of
the content would cruise over anyone less than 10 years old.  I personally
enjoy Ren and Stipy and... well if it is damaging... what a great way to go.
I just say the other three that I had not seen before today...my stomach is
still sore from laughing.  .......paz    Paul R.D. Lantinga
					 Calvin College,  MI.