SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

From:
Andrew Vernon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1992 13:12:26 CST
On Fri, 13 Mar 1992 13:12:28 LCL <PA113718@UTKVM1> said:
>SCTV runs sporadically on cable, but I haven't seen it for several years.
>Like SNL, it was uneven at times, but SCTV's batting average was much
>higher overall, IMO.  Sorry I don't know where you can track it down on
>video, but let me know if you find out.  I want to see the Red Scare spoof
>myself . . .

The last I heard, SCTV was running on the Comedy Central cable service.
Since the cable operator doesn't offer it in my area, I can't confirm it.
It is ironic how such a low-rated program could spin-off most of its
cast into feature films, though.

----------
          Shall I part my hair behind?  Do I dare to eat
              a peach?
          I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk
              upon the beach.
          I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
          I do not think that they will sing to me.
                                      --T. S. Eliot
||                          Andrew Vernon                             ||
||   Making the world a better place, one Macintosh at a time...      ||
|| BITNET: AVERNON1@UA1VM             Internet: [log in to unmask] ||
|| The University of Alabama College of Communication, Tuscaloosa, AL ||