SCREEN-L Archives

January 1992

Sender:
From:
Gilbert Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1992 21:14:00 EST
I am not sure what the situation is at present as to the legality
of taping movies from tv, but I suspect that the authorities have
given up on trying to prevent taping for personal use.  Even our
public TV network, PBS, has movies every week presented as
"Movies Worth Taping."   Must be legal now.
--Gib Smith