SCREEN-L Archives

October 1991

Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1991 09:30:00 EDT
I am proposing to teach a course on the representation of disability in
the popular media.  The corse is in the department of Special Education.
Would screen-l readers suggest films and television programs that might
bring a critical view to this topic?  I'm also interested in how exceptional
people have traditionally been protraied in the media.  jAny comment would
be appreciated.
Michael Sanders
University of Tennessee at Knoxville