SCREEN-L Archives

August 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1991 13:29:32 CDT
This was sent to me individually, but I think it was intended for
SCREEN-L.

Noticed your note this morning and gave it a more local try  - being on
PSU's main campus. Having using LIAS for searching titles at Pattee before
I was interested in your "ACTIVATE MARC" option which I gather searches
the Library of Congress data base even though those books may not be
within the PSU collection.  Within LIAS I had over 100 hits when I searched
on Hemingway. When I entered ACTIVATE MARC I had 129 hits under AUTHOR
HEMINWAY.  Part of the problem you may have had revolves around the way
LIAS continues its search in that it looks for the word "NEXT" or "PREVIOUS"
(I believe N or P will also work)... If it still doesn't work for you
just mail be a message..
Mike