SCREEN-L Archives

August 1991

Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1991 23:26:49 TZONE
I can't remember if I posted this earlier.  Apologies if I have.

Interested in two things--

First, any recommendations for secondary source literature dealing with
stereotypes in animation, particularly of blacks and Jews.

Second, any recommendations for early *animation* that stereotypes blacks and
Jews.  I'm using J. Stuart Blackton's "Humourous Phases of Funny Faces" (1906)
as a starting point, but I'd like two or three other titles to flesh things
out.

Steve Carr
UT-Austin