SCREEN-L Archives

August 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1991 08:34:50 CDT
There was quite a discussion on SCREEN-L last spring of the court ruling
against Kinko's that was to greatly limit their ability to photocopy
materials for "course packets."

What's been the actual affect this fall (and during the summer) on the
distribution of reading materials?

Personally, I've fallen back on the old reserve room system. I think it
will hinder class discussions for students not to have the readings on
their desks, but then many students (the reserve room here says it's as
high as 90%) photocopy the materials on reserve.

What have other folks been doing? And has the US ruling affected
Kinko's outside the US, like in Canada (assuming they exist outside the
US)?

          We live as we dream--alone.
                        --Joseph Conrad

| | Bitnet : JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| | GEnie : J.BUTLER27 |
| |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |