SCREEN-L Archives

May 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 91 07:13:15 CDT
On Thu, 9 May 91 00:20:27 EDT <KOS@CUNYVMS1> said:
>Jeremy, I would think the preferable manner of archiving SCREEN-L would be as
>text files.  One big advantage to this is that they can be searched using
>the BITNET database searcher LDBASE (easily downloadable from your local
>server).

Right you are, Bob.  I should have been more clear in my posting about
SCREEN-L's filelist.

Currently, SCREEN-L's posting are indeed archived and may be accessed
using LDBASE (which I could explain to folks if need be).  But this is
only part of what BITNET fileservers can do.  The server can also
distribute other text files that are collected there.  Hence, there's
the potential to go beyond just archiving messages.

I should have asked if folks were interested in having a SCREEN-L
filelist that included things (syllabi, essays, etc.) beyond the
SCREEN-L messages.

      Tout passe, tout casse, tout lasse.
      [Everything passes, everything perishes, everything palls.]
                       --French proverb

|                                      | Bitnet   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
|                                      | GEnie    :           J.BUTLER27 |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |