SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

Sender:
From:
Fiona Oceanstar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 91 22:50:21 -0400
I cast my vote, too, for shutting down the anti-Semite slurs--the man's
dead now, what can he do to defend himself?--but I'm still intrigued
by the "mythobabble" comment.  A cute phrase.  It seems to imply that
Campbell's teachings about myth are, compared to serious scholarship,
as pop-psych love-yourself books are, compared to serious psychotherapy.

Or am I reading too much into it?

This is my dilemma:

I like Campbell.  But more & more, I'm embarrassed to admit it--as if
liking Campbell were uncool now.

						--Fiona