SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

Sender:
From:
Gayle Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 91 13:35:05 EDT
I thank Steve Carr for his correction on the director of Manhunter.
One of those slips of similar names.  His points about Dolarhyde are
well taken and it may be a matter of personal perspective but I do think
Dolarhyde's character (and especially his relationship with Reba)
could have had stronger expansion in the film.  That part I suppose
relates to the constant dilemna of what stays and goes when a novel
is made into a film.  I don't intend for this to create some flaming.
I am happy to see this list moving along at such a brisk clip!