SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

From:
Fiona Oceanstar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 91 18:01:05 -0400
As a consumer--as opposed to a producer--of the movie experience, I
find that I don't really care that much whether I'm watching video
or film, so long as the composition of the image *fits* the screen.
Movies that aren't letter-boxed, for example, drive me crazy. I
vastly prefer watching David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" pilot, to his
much-better "Blue Velvet," on video--because unless you're seeing
"Blue Velvet" on the big screen (or laserdisc?) you're not seeing
it the way it was intended to be framed. Frame is everything to me.

I know this wasn't the question, though.

--Fiona O.