SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

From:
ANTON A ANTOKHIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 91 00:27:59 -0900
        People go to LA to be in the movies because that's where movies are.
It is a stereotype, a legend, a thing to do. Besides, I have not heard
about many "independent producers" not in LA or NYC. The only times
shoots take place in lesser-known towns is when it is cheaper.
        For example, Roanoke, Va has been transfomed to Wall Street NYC.
That was for the film Crazy People. Still, one had to be in LA to
get a job on that production.
        Hey, if someone can suggest a directory, some kind of current
listing of independents in smaller towns -- I'm all for it. I'll be the
first one to sign uop
(oops) fist one to sign up.....

Anton FSAAA2@ALASKA