SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 91 20:45:00 EST
        I have a question, why do so many film students assume that you
have to go to LA to get a job in films? Films are made all over the country,
not just on the West coast. How many people in LA are trying to get on a film?
It seems as though people want ignore films outside of the Hollywood industry.
The fact is, more and more films are being made by independent producers.
I personaly do not like Hollywood films in general (as if you couldn't tell)
but I am saddened to think that students are not giving the independents a
chance (especially since they have a much greater chance of getting hired).
Does anybody have any ideas as to why so many up and coming film people
automatically look to California?
eyes