SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

From:
Ken Nagelberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 91 18:12:19 CST
     Re:  Texts for 16mm film course

I'm not so much interested in what text you'd use for a 16mm course, but
WHY the course is being taught. I'm not trying to be flip, I'm just
curious about who the course is directed towards and what the academic/
practical rationale is. Certainly not to help those going into TV news,
since film isn't used anymore. And for people going into Hollywood, network
TV, or big time advertising spot production, there are specialized programs
at the California and New York schools.